Work Visa

U.S. visa for temporary stay

There are several visa options that are available to applicants who are interested in working in the United States. Each category has its individual entry requirements, application procedures, and costs.  You should carefully consider which visa matches your specific needs. Decisive factors here include your qualifications, nationality, duration of intended stay, and company affiliation.

The visa options (for non-immigrant visas) that are described here are mostly focused on people who intend to work temporarily in the United States. If you want to live and work permanently in the United States, then you need to apply for an immigrant visa (Green Card). Please also note that the application process for U.S. work visas is complex and time-consuming. Of course, The American Dream can advise you about which visa category is the most appropriate for you, and it will assume responsibility for the entire process.
Find out more about the services offered by the US Visa Service.

We will provide an overview of the most important work visas below: 

C-1/D Visa Combined Transit and Crewman

Visa for crew members

Visa for crew members at flight or shipping companies that need a work-related travel visa to the United States.

read more



E-1 Visa Treaty Trader - Registration

Trader Visa

This visa will be of interest to companies and their staff that conduct significant trade (goods/services) with the United States. Not only wholesale companies, but also small businesses can qualify for this category.

ReAD more



E-2 Visa Treaty Investor - Registration

Investor Visa

Option for businesses (owners and employees) who are investing or have invested substantial capital into the U.S. economy. Investments usually take the form of business startups, the opening of U.S. branch offices, or company acquisitions.

rEAD more



E Visa

E-1/E-2 visa based on an existing registration

Companies that have already electronically registered their U.S. site(s) with the relevant U.S. consulate can apply for U.S. visas for their employees through a simplified procedure.

rEAD more



H-1B Visa Specialty Occupation Workers

Visa for highly skilled workers

Temporary work visa for people with an academic degree (or equivalent qualification) and a concrete U.S. job offer. No evidence of efforts to hire U.S. citizens is needed. H-1B visas are subject to an annual quota system (about 65,000 visas) and submission deadlines.

rEAD more



I Visa Foreign News Media

Journalist Visa

Appropriate for temporary work visits by representatives of foreign media companies who travel for business purposes to the United States. The published material must be documentary in nature. The visa holder is not allowed to start working for U.S. media organizations.

rEAD more



L-1 Visa Intracompany Transferee

Visa for temporary transfer of foreign worker (manager, executive or specialist)

Work visas for executives, managers or personnel at international companies that are being transferred to a U.S. site. Evidence of at least one year of employment within the group (outside the U.S.) before the posting must be presented.

rEAD more




L-1 visa for an existing L Blanket registration

All the group’s employees can apply for visas according to a simplified L application process to travel to company group locations that are covered by the L Blanket registration.




O-1 Visa Extraordinary Ability

Visa for individuals with extraordinary ability

Individuals with outstanding skills in the fields of science, arts, education, business, sports, and media can apply for this visa. A U.S. professional association must examine the applicant’s qualifications. The applicant must have received a concrete employment offer by a U.S. employer or agent.

rEAD more



Contact us today